T.P. Flanagan b. Enniskillen, Co. Fermanagh, Northern Ireland 1928 and d. 2011, studied at the Belfast College of Art and was awarded an honorary doctorate in Fine Art from the University of Ulster in 2010.
Recent solo exhibitions include the F.E. McWilliam Gallery (2010) and the Ormeau Baths Gallery, Belfast (2010). He participated in many group shows, including the Ulster Museum (1976); the Gordon Lambert Collection exhibitions at Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane (1972); and ‘Four Ulster Painters’ at the Arnolfini Gallery, Bristol (1965). An overview of his work from 1967-77 was presented at the Arts Council of Northern Ireland in 1977.
Flanagan’s work is represented in the collections of the Ulster Museum; the Arts Council of Northern Ireland; Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane; Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA), Dublin and the Tate Gallery, London.