George Campbell b. Arklow, Co. Wicklow, Ireland 1917 and d. 1979, studied at Belfast College of Art.
He had solo shows in the Hendricks Gallery (1961), Victor Waddington Gallery (1955) and Mol’s Gallery (1944). More recently Jorgensen Gallery held ‘George Campbell – A Tribute’ (2003). He exhibited at the RHA, the Irish Exhibition of Living Art and the Oireachtas on numerous occasions.
Campbell’s work is included in the collections of Irish Museum of Modern Art (IMMA), Dublin; Ulster Museum, Belfast; Waterford Municipal Art Collection; Arts Councils of Ireland and Northern Ireland; Crawford Municipal Gallery, Cork and Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane.