John Kelly b. Dublin 1932 - 2006
He studied at the National College of Art & Design in Dublin. He was director of the Graphic Studio in Dublin for more than 10 years and was a founding member of the Black Church Print Studio. He lectured in printmaking at the National College of Art & Design. He represented Ireland at Cagnes-sur-Mer in 1977, where he won first prize. Solo exhibitions include the David Hendriks Gallery, Dublin (1957, 59, 60); Project Arts Centre, Dublin (1970); Davis Gallery, Dublin (1972, 74-78); Barrenhill Gallery, Dublin (1973); Riverrun Gallery, Limerick (1988, 92); Kerlin Gallery, Dublin (1989); Hallward Gallery, Dublin (1994, 96); Model Arts Centre, Sligo (1995). He has participated in numerous Irish and international group exhibitions, and, as a member of the Royal Hibernian Academy.
His work is held in public collections including the Arts Council, the Hugh Lane Municipal Gallery in Dublin, Trinity College, Dublin, Bank of Ireland, Dublin City University, and the Gordon Lambert Collection. He won the Oireachtas Waterford Glass Award in 1975, the Oireachtas Douglas Hyde Gold Medal in 1992; and the Irish Exhibition of Living Art Carroll's Award in 1980